Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Musical Tastes

Students in the Intermediate Listening/Speaking class of the Loyola Intensive English Program recently shared their varied tastes in music! Below, each student tells about a favorite kind of music and why he or she enjoys it.





Mr. Ahmed Taleb Elemine of Mauritania

RAP
The lyrics are about real life, real experience.



Ms. Daniela Silva

ELECTRONIC MUSIC
I listen at the gym. Electronic music gives me energy!



Mr. Dong-Joo Lee of Korea

BOSSA NOVA
I appreciate the sweet and nice lyrics, the soothing music,
and the way the melody is so easy to hum.



Mr. Jérémie Ben Guigui of France

HARD ROCK
I listen while I do my homework or ride my bike.
Hard rock gives me power, energy.



Ms. Katya Dashkovskaya of Russia

ROCK and METAL
This music relaxes me, energizes me, and gives me inspiration.



Ms. Maria Clara Vega of Colombia

VALLENATO
This is a kind of Colombian pop music,
where the accordion and drums predominate.
The lyrics come from real life and are often dedicated to love.



Ms. Wan-Chien Lee of Taiwan

POWER BALLAD
This is a kind of country music with rock 'n roll.
The piano and acoustic guitar predominate.
I  like to listen while cooking, biking, and exercising.



Ms. Zilda Benjo of Brazil

NEW AGE
This music is great for relaxing.
It is soft and often has the sounds of water.
 I sometimes use it in my psychotherapy practice.



Ms. Rui-Wen "Zoe" Lu of China

HOUSE MUSIC
The strong rhythm makes me want to dance.
It helps me to feel good quickly and keeps me young.
For example, if I listen while in a traffic jam, I start to feel good!


Thank you to the members of the  LIEP Intermediate Listening/Speaking class for sharing with us their tastes in music!

No comments:

Post a Comment